Our bespoke gourmet safaris can include one or more of the following experiences.
• Wine tasting & blending, history of wine making, meet wine makers and visit community wine projects.
• Learn more about the Biodiversity and Wine Initiative and visit organic wine, food and tea farms.
• We can arrange special dinners at The Chef’s Table and meetings with renowned South African chefs
• Hands on workshops from short day courses to longer, in-depth cultural food programmes.
• Lifestyle Cooking Classes & Gastronomic Euphoria Evenings - evening of participatory cooking (groups)
• Learn about Township Food Gardens, skills development and job creation through the Organic Food Industry
*Prices and more information available in request. Our tours are customized according to your interests and budget.
Various Food & Wine weekends can be arranged at local wineries and country houses in the Western Cape.
For example, spend 2 nights at Bartholomeus Klip Farmhouse, a romantic Victorian farmstead on a large wheat and sheep farm with its own private nature reserve. Experience generous and imaginative cooking paired with local wines from the Swartland region of the Western Cape. Visit nearby towns of Riebeek Kasteel and Darling to sample some of the area’s award-winning wines & olives.
*This package can be booked to coincide with the one of the regions food & cultural festivals like Tulbag’s Cheese Festival or Riebeek Kasteel’s Art & Shiraz Festival and other gastronomic events. During the Flower Season in August & September it is worthwhile to visit nearby West Coast National Park to experience the Cape Floral Kingdom at its best.
Our tours are customized according to your interests and budget.
There are many interesting themed interactive cooking courses available to choose from.
For exapmple, create your own traditional South African Christmas Feast. A local Karoo culinary crusader will host a cooking course and teach you how to create a Real South African Christmas spread. No more turkey, mistletoe and steamed puddings – this will be true Karoo style Christmas fare for those hot lazy summer days. The kitchen provides a perfect setting for families to get together and have some pre-Christmas fun. This course is specifically designed with children in mind so that you can start off the family holiday with a wonderful creative Christmas experience. Explore new ways to create summer soups, the perfect Christmas braai (Karoo style), Christmas Tapas for long languid lunches and some festive drinks to try out in preparation for the New Year bash.
All the courses include master class demonstrations, hands-on cooking and of course savouring the fruits of your labours.
*Price available in request. Our tours are customized according to your interests and budget.